Keighley Town Council currently has two vacancies for the position of Town Councillor.
Following the recently advertised casual vacancies for the statutory notice period, the Returning Officer for Bradford Metropolitan Council has confirmed that the requests from electors have not been fulfilled and the Council can now fill the casual vacancies by co-option.
If you are interested in serving as a Town Councillor, please submit your completed Co-option and Eligibility Application Form (available from the website or the Town Clerk) to the Town Clerk with confirmation that you consent for your application form be passed to the Members of Keighley Town Council.
To be able to stand as a Town Councillor, an applicant must:
- be at least 18 years old on the day of application
- be a British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any other member state of the European Union
- You must not be disqualified from standing as a Councillor.
Must meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
- They are, and will continue to be, registered as a local government elector for the parish from the day of their application onwards.
- They have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish during the whole of the 12 months before the day of their application.
iii) Their main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of their application has been in the parish.
- iv) They have lived in the parish or within three miles of it during the whole of the 12 months before the day of their application.
The next meeting of Keighley Town Council will be on Thursday 25 March 2021 at 6.30pm. This will be an on-line meeting via Zoom.
Please submit your Co-option and Eligibility Application Form and CV to the Clerk by 5pm on Monday 1 March 2021.
Candidates for co-option will be invited to attend the full online council meeting (via Zoom) on Thursday 25 March 2021 to make a short, maximum 5 minutes address to the Town Council giving your reasons for wishing to be considered as a Town Councillor and to allow Councillors to ask questions of the applicant.
If you would like further information, please contact the Clerk or any of the existing Members of the Council (Councillors).
Keighley Civic Centre, North Street, Keighley, BD21 3RZ