Bradford MDC have set up a Keighley based co-ordination centre run by the voluntary and community sectors. Along with food banks, they will help to distribute food to those needing it and also with co-ordinating volunteers to help people affected or self-isolating at home.
Anyone wanting to volunteer during the coronavirus response should call 01274 431000 and leave their name and contact details. Vulnerable people who have a particular need can also leave their details which will be passed on to the relevant service.
Some of the tasks they may ask volunteers to undertake are for example;
- collecting and delivering medication
- befriending / social support
- advice and signposting
- addressing potential additional needs at foodbanks
- pet care and dog walking
- checking in via phone with people who may need it
- helping a vulnerable person with practicalities like food shopping and deliveries.
- adding capacity to key services like social care and health in case of staff shortages