Event Management & Control
- Responsible Officers: In the absence of Council’s Delegated Officer, the Chair of Events & Leisure or Committee representative will take remedial action if advised of an unsatisfactory arrangement or situation by an Officer with responsibilities. E.g. Police, Fire, Medical Services, Emergency Planning, Environmental Health, Highways, Safety, Security, Traffic and Transport Officers.
- Unacceptable Situations: This applies to any situation which could arise relating to traffic management, crowd control, public order, illegal activities, hazards relating to Health & Safety and public well-being or to ensure that the Council complies with legislation relating to any event where the Council may exercise control.
- Liaison Meetings: In the absence of the Delegated Events Officer, the Chair of Events & Leisure may give undertakings during liaison meetings (prior to the event day) with Officers as outlined in paragraph (A) above relating to potential situations described in paragraph (B), which may arise at a future date, where expenditure may be incurred in amelioration and providing that any potential additional costs to the Council have been agreed with the Proper Officer prior to that meeting.
- Urgent action: On the event day, remedial action available to the Chair of Events & Leisure arising as a result of conditions relating to paragraph (A) in situations outlined in paragraph (B) will include down-scaling, curtailing or cancellation of the event or any other action necessary within the resources available for that event (e.g. redeployment or contracting of staff).
- Advice: The committee may make recommendations to the Council’s Delegated Events Officer which must be taken into consideration.