Chairman Cllr Allan Clark
Vice Chairman Cllr Clare Abberton
Cllr Samantha Cooper
Cllr Josh Clarkson
Cllr Peter Corkindale
Cllr Julie Adams Ex Officio
Cllr Emanuele Bernardini
Cllr Abdul Shohid
Cllr M Ikram
The Community Development Committee oversees the work of the Project Worker who leads on community-based projects for the Council. The Project Worker is supported by the Assistant Town Clerk/Community Development Officer.
Committee meetings are held on 1st Wednesday of the month at 6.00pm and meetings are held by-monthly.
Terms of Reference:
- To oversee the Council’s commitment to support community development practice within its area of benefit and influence.
- To support the Assistant Town Clerk/CDO in the development of positive actions and activities in response to emerging issues and opportunities within local communities.
- To implement and support positive actions with reference to the key priorities detailed within the Council’s Town Plan.
- To facilitate effective community engagement arrangements that encourage and enable local residents to contribute to the development of the Town Plan.
- To facilitate the creation of Ward Profiles in support of the Council’s community engagement strategy.
- To be responsible for the deployment of community development specific budgets.
- To approve Project Proposals generated in consultation with partners and Members.
- To consider and develop Parish wide initiatives in response to Keighley Town Council’s priorities.
- To ensure Councillors are appraised of and aware of their roles within the community development process through the implementation of workshops and the sharing of information.
- To liaise with and support other Keighley Town Council Committees on issues of common interest.