APPLICATION FOR AN ALLOTMENT – THIS PAGE IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION
All allotment applications will only be accepted via an application form. This form is about to be created, so in the interim, please email Phil Hanson via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to go on the waiting list within Keighley Town Council’s boundary you must submit this completed form. Further, if you are entitled to any concession you must confirm you will provide the necessary proof before being offered an Allotment.
NB: This could be a copy of your Council Tax bill, passport, driving licence or utility bill. Applications without proof will not be considered. And you must inform the Council of any change of address or circumstances that may affect your entitlement to any concession.
· New tenancies will only be granted to applicants who are over 18 years of age.
· Allotments will be offered on a “first come – first served” basis.
· When a plot becomes available it will be offered to the first person on the list by email or phone.
· They will have 7 working days within which to acknowledge acceptance, or it will be assumed that they are not interested and will be withdrawn from that waiting list.
· If an individual only leaves a phone number as contact and the Council is unable to leave a message on a voice mail, then a letter will be sent via post to make the offer of a plot.
· If no response is received within the allotted timeframe, then the available plot will be offered to the next person on the list.
· If an offer is declined for a valid reason, then the person will remain on the list and the next available plot will be offered.
· If a person persistently declines, or the Council believes there is no justification for the decline, then the Council has the right to remove the person from that or any waiting lists they may be on.