Skip to content
Chairman – Cllr John Kirby
Vice Chairman – Cllr Chris Graham
Cllr Clare Abberton
Cllr Paul Cook
Cllr Luke Maunsell Ex Officio
Cllr Mick Dowse
Cllr Peter Corkindale
Cllr Nasar Ali
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- To oversee the work of the Allotments officer and administrative arrangements.
- To provide guidance and assistance to the Allotments Officer in all matters relating to the allotments and landscape under the control of the Town Council and including assistance with the formation of Allotment Associations and obtaining external funding for Allotments & Landscapes.
- To draw up the rules in respect to the Allotment as they affect the allotment tenants:
- The rent for the allotments and the date on which the rent shall be due reserving the right to review at any time the yearly rent and bring into effect any revised charges.
- Termination of a Tenancy.
- Services of notice to be given to a tenant.
- Power to inspect allotment gardens.
- The general conditions under which the allotment gardens are to be used.
- Observance of conditions of lease.
- Prohibition of trade or business.
- Erections of sheds and other structures.
- Keeping livestock.
- Prohibition of sub-letting.
- Prevention of nuisance and annoyance to others.
- To seek year on year improvements to the allotment stock.
- To provide guidance to Allotment Associations in seeking funding.
- To consider environmental issues including drainage, litter and recycling.
- To keep a watching brief on all parks and open spaces, village greens, common land and War Memorials.
- To manage monies delegated to it by the Town Council or obtained by external funding and to check all payments made by the Committee when submitted with the Financial Report..
- To ensure that the Allotments & Landscapes Committee conforms to the principle of Best Value
If the Chair feels that it is inappropriate, by reason of professional interest, for him/her to chair the discussion of a particular topic, then it shall be in order for the Vice Chair or in his/her absence, the eldest elected member of the Committee, to chair that portion of the meeting.
The Chair may choose to leave the meeting or remain present during the discussion, as seems appropriate.